This is an excellent opportunity to work with a young, innovative charity to help us make a mark with our first exciting project launch.
We are looking for volunteers to support the development of this project. Volunteers will developing web content which improves the website offering. We want your help in moving towards being a learning platform, developing games/apps to feature on our website or be used to develop the Family Tree project microsites. If you’re keen to use their experience/skills to develop resources and projects that will be engaging and interactive for project users and incorporate use of social media.
Volunteers should be also able to /be willing to learn how to use wordpress content management systems, and be responsible for upkeep of their own content. Applicants must be flexible enough to undertake duties outside the remit of this JD upon request from management.
Interns should have:
- Skills, experience or qualifications in web/games or app development
- A good general knowledge of back-end IT and CMS systems (especially word press).
- An interest in social cohesion/ diversity.
- Experience using/embedding social media.
- The ability to plan and manage projects successfully and to work independently and with initiative, prioritising own workload and meeting deadlines.
- Dedication to completing work to the highest standard and ability to think imaginatively.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint to a competent level
To apply, send your c.v. along with a covering letter outlining why you would like to apply for this role, and outlining your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31st December 2013.
We are looking for applicants to start as soon as possible, but we are flexible on start dates. Interviews will take place within 2 weeks of receipt of successful applications, and we may appoint before the closing date.