We want Great British Community to be a safe space for everyone that uses it.
Great British Community does not individually verify or check the profiles and data, including opportunities, jobs and events, posted by individuals and organisations so here are a few useful safety tips to remember.
- Never share your password with anyone
- Be careful about posting and sharing personal information, especially information that could be used to identify you or locate you offline, such as your address, telephone number or even your personal email address
- Report users and content that violate our Terms and Conditions .
- Block and report anyone who sends you unwanted or inappropriate communications
- Do not respond to suspicious posts, join any suspicious groups, attend any suspicious events or apply for any opportunities that you feel are unsafe or inappropriate – make sure you report anything you are concerned about;
- Never arrange to meet anyone that you connect with unless you are absolutely sure of who they are – and make sure you tell someone where you are going and that they have a way to contact you;
- Don’t react to bullies – block and report them; rather than responding to a bully directly via your messages inbox, a post or comment, you can delete offensive messages from your Inbox and then use the “Blocking” or “Reporting” functions to stop them messaging you again and to get the Great British Community team to suspend their profile if required.
We ask that all members report suspicious people and inappropriate content they encounter on Great British Community.
If you’re under 18 we strongly encourage you to talk to a parent or a responsible adult immediately if someone online says or does something to make you feel uncomfortable or threatened in any way.
Alternatively in the UK you can contact the CEOP Internet Safety Centre who can offer help and advice on a wide range of issues.
You can report people and content by clicking on the report icon – this will notify the Great British Community team and we will respond as soon as we can. In addition you can use [email protected] to notify us of any concerns you might have.